Miss. Barboza

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I give up!!!

Okay…Okay I give up. Several people have told me I should blog here on Blogspot so I thought I would give it a shot. I don’t really think I have all that much going on in my life that is of interest to anyone but here goes nothing….

Let’s start with something that may be of at least some interest. I spent the past weekend with three of the strongest most intelligent, formidable women I know, Ginny, Gretchen and Hillary. We were in Presque Isle. Yes really…Presque Isle. We were there for work. We ran a mini disaster institute…. I think it went pretty well all in all. We were very tired when we headed back but it was a good time.

The accommodations left much to be desired. The Hotel was very reminiscent of another hotel a very famous one where a man named Norman lived with his mother…(cut to shower scene). It is a pet friendly hotel so you can bring your dog if you so choose but you can’t smoke. Now I am a smoker and usually this is not really a problem for me, I can just step outside right? Nope, sorry ‘fraid not, if you want to some you have to go to the smoking shack. This is exactly that, a shack with three yes 3 walls facing the hotel, not the road in the middle of the lawn across the parking lot from the hotel. It is positioned so all of the hotel guests or at least any who are interested can look out their windows and condemn those of us who have to nerve to enjoy a little nicotine…. it’s not like we are selling small children into slavery…it’s a cigarette. One of my co-workers took pity on me and brought me a chair so I could at least sit while the folks visiting the county stared at me.

All in All the weekend was uneventful, which I think is almost always good when traveling. I had a good time getting to know the potato blossom girl and the nurse and spending time with Ginny while we were there. I am still a little freaked out from the crows but that is another blog altogether…..
posted by Miss. Barboza at 10:02 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home