Miss. Barboza

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ice Cream? Check!

Some of you may know I am getting ready for my son’s birthday party. This is something of an annual event at our house. We invite everyone we know, eat lots of food and cake and then after the school friends go home, out comes the booze. This event usually starts off as a kids party and gradually works its way into an adult gathering as the kids all go to watch whatever movie Z wants to watch first.

We have cleaned the house so that is all set. I live with three boys so my house seems to be in a constant state of clutter.

This week I am working on getting all of the food ready for Saturday. I have already made the ice cream for the ice cream cake tomorrow night I will be making 4 dozen ice cream cone cupcakes. Here is the rest of the menu for this “little” party:

Kale Soup
Sweet & sour meatballs
Egg salad
Tuna salad
Taco salad
Veggies and dip
Pasta salad
Chips / pretzels
Cheese & crackers
Ice cream cake
Ice cream cone cupcakes
I may or may not add another hot dish. I am torn between honey lemon chicken eggrolls and chicken enchiladas

As you can see I still have quite a bit of work to do. But most of this stuff I can’t start too early because it won’t last long enough and the last thing I need is all of the kids is Z’s class sick because the mayo in the tuna turned.

I’ll let you know how it all goes.

Until Later…
posted by Miss. Barboza at 8:39 AM

1 Comments:

ok I am reading almost healthy and then the menu for the party and then of course knowing your habits...and well....almost healthy...is just a teeny wheenie eeenstie teenteetsie bit of a lie!
that cholesterol reading although I must admit better..is not exactly the definition of "almost" healthy! More like not exactly!
The ARC girl RN

October 24, 2007 at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home