Miss. Barboza

Monday, September 17, 2007

An apple a day

We had a slow weekend this time. Nothing much Friday night then Saturday we went grocery shopping. It is always quite an adventure when the kids go with us so let them stay home. We rented a couple of movies Troy and I both wanted to see, Zodiac and the Shooter they were both pretty good. Sunday we cleaned the house and went apple picking.

The kids like apple picking they like to find the biggest apples. I think this is great until I have to carry the bags that they put them in. This year we picked 31 pounds of apples in about 15 minutes. When we got home, I made apple crisp and apple pie…well I tried to anyway what I ended up with was apple sauce crisp and pie. I used Cortland apples and I think I cooked them too low too long. I will try again next time I will set the oven at a higher heat and cook them for less time.
I also made my own pie crust, usually I buy the ready-made kind, I have learned that homemade pie crust doesn’t bake to a “golden brown” like ready-made. It bakes to more of a grayish brown.

Both taste good… they are just a little mushy….
I’ll let you know how the next batch turn out

Until later.
posted by Miss. Barboza at 12:22 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home