Miss. Barboza

Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Little Late

I know, I know it is a little late but I thought I would let you know how our Thanksgiving went. First of all this year I DID find the bag of giblets and remove it before I cooked the turkey and I DID NOT set the turkey on fire. Yeah Me!
So this year was the first year since we started having thanks giving at my house that nothing went wrong. It was uneventful…just how I like it.
We did the whole spread again this year we had turkey stuffed with apples, oranges, onions, pomegranate, garlic and spices. I don’t like bread stuffing in the bird so I always stuff it with fruit and veggies it helps to keep it moist and hold its shape while adding some subtle flavor.

I also made “stuffin’ muffins” this year. Basically what I did was instead of cooking my stuffing a casserole dish I cooked it in a muffin pan giving everyone an individual serving. It was a nice day.

Mom and I decided we would get up and do the “Black Friday” thing again this year. Every year the stores open earlier and earlier. Soon we won’t even have to go to bed we’ll just go from thanksgiving dinner to shopping. Anyway we were at J.C. Penny at 4am. Can you believe that? Then we went to Wal-Mart at 5 am. We got some good deals on a couple of things for Christmas. After mom went to work I went home woke up T and we were in Augusta by 7am shopping at the K mart sale. It was really a fun day. I was tired and ready for lunch by 9am but it was still fun.

Well this should keep me off the list...

Until Later...
posted by Miss. Barboza at 7:16 AM

2 Comments:

I have cooked the giblet bag in the turkey myself!

And, the first year I cooked at Thanksgiving, I cooked the turkey upside down!!! Actually, I have never cooked a juicier turkey--all of the juices ran down into the breast.

My father loved to kid me about it though!

November 30, 2007 at 6:30 AM  

4am...UGH! I hope the deals were worth it. Caroline wanted to stop in Freeport on the way home Friday and I thought I wanted to kill her! I need space to do my shopping!!... Turkey sounded good with the fruits and veggies in it.
Different idea!

November 30, 2007 at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home