Miss. Barboza

Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday Already…?


Gifts: $500
Lobster for 25: $1000
The look on your brother’s face at his surprise party: PRICELESS

Sunday was a fun day. We got up early and drove to Kittery for my brother’s surprise birthday party…. The look on his face alone when he saw all of us (his friends & family) standing there was priceless.

It was very difficult for me not to spill it as I usually “chat” with Taco (my brother; this is another story) at least once a day. So the "what are you doing this weekend" thing was not so easy for me this time…. Those of you who know me already know I am not really good at keeping my mouth shut!!! But I did it. And it was great. His girlfriend really out did herself. He was happy…after the shock wore off…and a good time was had by all.

Zach had fun cracking his own lobster but I think he got tired after a while. They were hard shell and it can be a lot of work as most of us “Mainers” know, but it was fun to watch. We were all pretty tired when we got home so we just relaxed for the remainder of the evening.

Friday we got the news that Charlie has an interview for the school we have applied to. He is very excited at the possibility of attending a residential school. I am impressed…I though there would be some hesitation, not a lot, just some, like we had asked him if he wanted to volunteer to be target practice for a firing squad. Not because he gets home sick just because it would be something different and he does not usually work well with change he has to warm up to it. Kind of like the melting of the icebergs… it will happen it just might take a few thousand years.

Saturday we mostly hung out at home Troy tried to teach me some clutch control on the old Yamaha we have. It went really well; of course that is only if you consider the measurement of well to be I only dropped the bike once…. I had a difficult time because me feet didn’t really reach the ground well I looked like a toddler on a 10 speed. I definitely need a lower bike. After that he took me for a ride nowhere special just a little jaunt. Then we played cards most of the evening. I really enjoyed that, it’s not often we have the time to do things like that together one of us always seems to have something that needs to be done.
Until next time…..
posted by Miss. Barboza at 6:27 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home