Miss. Barboza

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Just 5 more minutes…

It’s like having a baby all over again. Currently we are bottle feeding 3 kittens. As some of you may know we have had some animal issues as of late resulting in 3 orphaned kittens. We have another mother cat who has done her best to adopt the orphans, now named Spike, Peanut B & Jelly, however, because her kitten was older and she only had one she wasn’t producing enough milk to nourish them. They got a little rough with her including biting her so badly she lost one of oh nipples and got and infection. We took her to the vet and he said she can still mother the kittens but she can NOT feed them. So every morning we feed them then mom cleans them. We repeat this several times throughout the day and evening, and the babies have responded well. They have developed into cute little round fluff balls. Fluff balls that want even more food more often and cry loudly to let you know about it, regardless of the time, and as we all know cats can obviously tell time or why would they want to go out at 3 am, or eat at 4 am…
Any way each time I a awakened with this loud high pitched request for more food I am reminded of what it was like when Zach was born and having to feed him every few hours… I remember the tired, dragging, crank person I was and how much every one loved that side of me. To avoid this as much a possible this time around Troy and I are taking shifts mine before I go to bed and his in the middle of the night. This arrangement is working very well with one minor exception…He doesn’t hear them cry so I have to wake him up to feed them… I will put up some pic of the little fur balls as soon as I get a chance.
Until Later…
posted by Miss. Barboza at 12:28 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home