Miss. Barboza

Monday, July 23, 2007

Crash but no Burn....

I took the Basic Rider course this weekend….lets eliminate the suspense I did not pass, I did not fail either. Actually I didn’t finish. I crashed….. Into the bike next to me while I was trying to stop. I know what happened, I didn’t shift into neutral and started to get off the bike of course the bike started to move when I let out the clutch and I panicked. That’s it in a nut shell. I Panicked. I couldn’t reach the clutch to pull it back in and my feet were on the ground do I couldn’t reach the brake either.

Now it is important to know I could have stayed and finished the class yesterday but I was pretty shaken, so I spoke with the owner. He has agreed to work with me privately. So I still have a chance to get my license. I just didn’t think it was a good idea for me to be back on the bike at that time. I haven’t given up.
I was the only person in the class who had never been driver a bike before, so I immediately felt like I was behind anyway, because of this, it took me longer to grasp some of the skills and then I felt like I was holding everyone else back. The instructors didn’t make me feel this way it was pressure I added on myself.
On the flip side I did drive a motorcycle for the first time. I learned how to shift up to third gear and back down, I learned how to take off and for the most part stop. I even got to work on some turning. I will let you all know how I progress.

Until then
posted by Miss. Barboza at 5:10 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home