Miss. Barboza

Monday, July 2, 2007

It’s raining…It’s pouring

Troy and I are getting ready to take a road trip on the bike. We will be heading out Friday to visit my brother and father in MA. Because of this we have been watching the weather channel to see what we should expect. They are predicting rain… or rather thunder showers, of course I do not put a lot of stock in this as rarely does the Weather Channel get the weather right for our part of the nation unless we are experiencing some type of extended weather…like a three day snow storm. Usually by the third day they can predict the snowfall. Anyway just in case we have been looking at motorcycle rain gear. Can you say expensive $$$$$ I am pretty sure it would cost less to stop ever ½ hour or so at a laundry mat and dry our clothes there.

However while researching all of this rain gear I noticed something…. Most of the rain suits are made of nylon with a waterproof covering…. why can’t I do that myself? So that is exactly what I have begun to do. We each have full tracksuits and I have begun spraying them with waterproofer, you know the stuff you use for tents. I didn’t know tents weren’t waterproof when I bought one either but that is a different story. But because I once had to waterproof my tent I did know that such a thing existed and that I could use it on nylon. I will be headed to Wal-Mart after work this evening to buy more water proofer…I have decided to go with 2-3 coats just in case, I will let you all know how my plan works out. And if tracksuits sprayed with waterproofer work well as rain gear…

P.S. We got the traksuits on clearence for $3 each... what do I have to lose
posted by Miss. Barboza at 12:42 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home