Miss. Barboza

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Dangers of DUI (Dialing Under the Influence)

Name a Shot…

Now let me give you a little history. About a year ago I was awakened around midnight by the ringing of my phone and I like many answered in a panic, because we all know that if the phone rings in the middle of the night it must be bad news.

“Hello”
“Hey” I hear my brother voice. I immediately think something is definitely wrong. “Name a Shot”
“What?” Now I am really confused
“Name a shot”
“Like tequila?”
“No something more sophisticated”
“Do you know what time it is?”
“Yes, now name a shot”
“Why?”
“Nick* is trying to pick up this girl, I am his wing man, Name a shot.” (some names have been changed to protect the innocent)
“How about a Lemon Drop” I say
“No we tried that. What about a kamikaze?”
“What about them?”
“Are they blue?”
“They can be”
“Ok we’ll go with that. Thanks good night”
CLICK!!!

Now again this happened in the middle of the night which entitles me to pay back…but of course, after all he is my brother….

Move forward a few months I am in Las Vegas city of lights and it is 3 hours earlier there. My Turn…I called my brother and did the same thing “name a shot”. He spoke with me but he was somewhat incoherent, i.e. still asleep. The next morning he called be back asking if I had called him I told him we spoke but he didn’t remember it…
This entitles me to a do over!!!!

Fast forward to this past weekend. I was visiting family in Mass. I had had a couple of drinks so I was feeling pretty good, and I think now is my chance….I pick up the phone and dial my brother…

“Hello”
“Name a Shot” I say
“Name a Shot?”
“Yes, name a shot”
“What”
“Are you coming over here?” I ask meaning my father’s house
CLICK

It was at this point I realized I had dialed the WRONG number.

So here is the lesson If you Dial Drunk Check the number first.
posted by Miss. Barboza at 7:46 AM

1 Comments:

My husband answered his cell at work the other day not recognizing the number and this womans voice says Hello darling...he hesitates, Um I think you have the wrong number..click...

You are lucky you didn't dial some book maker or something..'name a shot" could mean something! G.

July 10, 2007 at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home