Miss. Barboza

Monday, August 13, 2007

…We all scream for …

You guessed it Ice Cream!!! For the first time in my life I made homemade ice cream and sorbet this weekend. We made vanilla ice cream (Zach’s fave) and strawberry and lemon sorbet (Troy and Charlie like these). They all came out very yummy, I am pretty proud of myself too.

This weekend felt strangely long. Friday night we watch the Patriots lose…I am not too worried yet as this is only pre-season and Bill is still working out his rookies and third stringers. After that we fed the kittens… mamma went to the vet Friday and she is not able to nurse them anymore so we have to bottle feed them. They are doing pretty well with it the runt however did not make it he died this morning. We were surprised he made it as long as he did, he was very, very small and weak. But even the bottle feeding didn’t seem to bring up his strength unlike the others who seem to think that if the climb up my clothes and ram their heads in to my mouth I will be able to feed them faster.

Saturday we went for a bike ride. I am getting much more comfortable on my bike, I worked on shifting and matching road speed with engine speed. At the end of our ride I went into a corner a little too fast but I handled it well I did just what I was supposed to do and came around the corner just fine T was pretty impressed I even got up to 40 mph. That is pretty good considering when I started I would barley get out of first gear….

Saturday night we went to Lisa’s for dinner it was yummy. She made slow cooked pork chops, mashed potato, and corn. And Tony had brought Cheese cake for desert…my favorite.

Sunday, we went and got the ice cream maker, and then the kids played in the sprinkler while the ice cream was churning. We have a new resident at El Casa Gato her name is Cindy and she is huge. A friend of ours asked if she could stay with us for a while because her previous owner could not care for her any more. I asked what happed and it turns out Cindy pulled her owner out of her wheel chair while trying to be affectionate. Again I say this Cat is HUGE like Garfield huge. She must weigh somewhere around 25-30 lbs. She is friendly but scared of the other pets right now so mostly she is hiding. I am sure she will come around soon. Well that’s it for now
Until Later
posted by Miss. Barboza at 9:21 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home